General Product Information
– Kwela products are handmade products cast in resin, marble dust, pigments, sand and oxides.
– Kwela Products have been tested and have less than 0.27% Porosity.
– Kwela Mosaics are available on a 300x300mm and also 100x330mm mosaic sheets.
– The products are suitable for floors and walls (including pools).
– Slight shading and colour variation is a natural feature of the product. New batches may differ.
– The products are tumbled and therefore creating an aged looked.
Application / Installation
– The mesh on the product does not assist in the adhesion process and the mosaics must be firmly bedded using Mosaic Fix.
– The backs of the mosaic sheets must be clean and dry.
– The products must not be contaminated with dust or powder.
– The installation of the products must be done in one operation in order to provide a strong installation.
– Mosaic Fix is to be used as the adhesive and grout.
– The products must be firmly bedded into the adhesive to ensure good contact between the adhesive and mosaics.
– Wipe all excess adhesive from mosaics.
PEBBLES / STONES INSTALLATION EXAMPLES:
NB: Pebbles, Stones & Roundies sheets can be customised up to 2mx2m.
– The sheets are laid as is, no adjustments to the pebbles, stones & roundies on the sheet required (Diagram A).
– INTERLOCKING/FLOWING EFFECT – the pebbles, stones & roundies are glued onto the mesh and therefore can be turned/adjusted to interlock with the adjoining sheet (Diagram B).
– This eliminates the lines between the sheet creating a more flowing look.
Cleaning of the product
– Easy Clean can be used to clean the product after installation
– Do not scrub the mosaics or use harsh chemicals.
– Apply 2 coats Deep Seal as per sealant instructions.
– To be repeated every 3 to 4 years.
If in any doubt on how to install, do not install the product
Contact your stockist for assistance
Once the products are installed no refunds, credits or returns can be entertained
Create your Space
Kwela® was inspired by the desire to create products of timeless beauty. Individually hand crafted and creating uniqueness to be experienced by people who cherish the beauty of their living space.